Top Ten Tax Write Offs
Watching bloopers at the end of a movie is quite funny, but messing up on your taxes and having a blooper in your tax return is not so funny. Have you ever messed up your tax return and missed out on a deduction you could have claimed? Well, a lot of us have made this same mistake.
Here are the Top Ten Tax Write-Offs you can claim if you meet the eligibility requirements:
- Home mortgage interest, real estate taxes, property taxes
- Earned income credit
- Child tax credit, child care credit
- Home improvement
- Energy tax credits
- State and local income taxes
- Charitable contributions
- Home office deduction
- Medical and dental expenses
- Mileage tax deduction for vehicle
- New vehicle sales tax deduction
- Tax credit for college tuition
- New Federal tax breaks and credits
- American opportunity
Well folks, those are my top ten tax write offs. I hope you haven’t filed your taxes already and hey, if you did, file an amendment. I will say, you wouldn’t have missed one deduction or credit if you had used online tax software. The software searches for these things and believe me, it doesn’t miss one opportunity to save you money!
The best online tax preparation company I know of is TurboTax. If you haven’t tried their tax software before, go take a look and see how much you could have saved!