Individual Income Tax Return Filing Online
Filing your tax return online can be your fastest and easiest route to file your return this year. If you have never filed your return online before and you are considering it, here are some of the great reasons to file online:
- Your refund can be direct deposited in to your bank account within 8-15 days from the date you filed, with a paper return this process can take up to six weeks.
- It is much easier to file online, most online tax preparation services guide you through step by step
- Errors are usually detected within 48 hours of filing your return.
- Depending on your income, you may even be able to file for free.
- Filing online gives you the same security as filing a paper return.
- You will receive a direct confirmation from the IRS when your return is accepted.
Tax preparation fees can be automatically deducted from your return, which means you will not have to come up with any money up front to use an online service. The option to file online and how to file online for your state tax return will vary depending on what state you live in.
If you are filing online for the first time this year, consider using online tax preparation software such as TurboTax Online. They can walk you through all the steps to avoid common mistakes and errors. They also offer a free filing service if you have a simple return.