To prepare your tax return using the free edition you must meet one of the qualifying criteria, which is mostly based on your income level. If you have a simple tax return and need little guidance, you will most likely qualify to use the free edition of TurboTax.
Whether you qualify for the free edition or are using another edition of TurboTax, they offer the best information and resources for preparing your taxes. For example:
- Allows for biggest refund – covers 350 deductions to help reduce your tax liability
- Helps you itemize charitable donations – you’ll receive full value of your donations
- Simplifies medical expenses – helps simplify to deduct your medical expenses
- Shows you where you stand – your refund is displayed on the screen during the entire process.
- Offers special guidance for first time users
- Handles changes in your life – becoming parents, getting married, buying/selling house, etc.
- Guarantees your tax return will be 100% accurate, which reduces your risk of being audited.
- Offers Customer Service 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
TurboTax is the #1 rated tax software year after year. Of all the tax preparation software, TurboTax is the one that taxpayers choose most often. They guarantee your information to be safe and secure. Also, your information is available for you to import into your next tax return; there is no need to re-enter all of your personal information. You will simply be required to sign into your account and the information from the previous year will be imported into this year's form.
Visit the following link for more information on TurboTax download free edition and answers to all your tax-related questions.
If you use the online version of TurboTax's free edition, you will not need to download or install anything. You do have to meet certain computer requirements.