An automatic feature found in online tax filing securely retrieves W-2, 1099, and 1098 data from hundreds of participating employers and financial institutions, saving time and data entry errors.
Depending on the availability of these documents from your financial institution and employer, this feature will allow you to find your W-2 starting January 1.
See if we can get your W-2 electronically from your employer
However if your employer does not have this service available, then your employer must have your W-2 post marked by January 31st. If you did not receive your W-2 by this deadline, then first call your employer for a copy.
Complete payroll management, from paychecks to W-2 forms
The Intuit online payroll calculator includes payment and w-2 form filing assistance for both federal and state taxes. If you are managing payroll on your own, this is the right service for you.
- One-click electronic federal tax payments and filings, including W-2s***
- State tax payments and completed forms or worksheets (electronic in most states)
- Direct Deposit at no extra charge
- 1099 contractor payment support
- Withholding calculations for more than one state
- Guaranteed accurate calculations for all federal, state and local taxes.
Electronically filing your wage statement (W2) is beneficial to your employees as well. If you send your employees their W2’s electronically they will receive it much faster than a paper copy in the mail, most people are anxious to file their taxes as soon as possible to receive their refund.